The HIPAA Privacy Rules sets the standard in the USA for protecting sensitive patient data by creating regulations for the electronic exchange, privacy, and security of patient medical information by those in the health care industry.
Western Fertility Institute fully adheres and respects the standards set forth by the HIPAA Privacy Rule. Our patients confidentiality is and will always remain of utmost importance.
The HIPAA Security Rule addresses the requirements for compliance by health service providers regarding technology security. It provides standards for the appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and security of protected health information.
All patients have certain rights to privacy regarding their protected health information. These rights are given to them under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- All patients will be informed of, and given the right to review and secure a copy of their Statement of Privacy Practices, which contains a more complete description of the uses and disclosures of my protected health information, and my rights under HIPAA. We reserve the right to change the terms of this notice from time to time and when contacted will disclose it to our patients.
- All patients have the right to request restrictions on how their protected health information is used and disclosed to carry the treatment, payment, and health care operations, but that they are not required to agree to these requested restrictions.
- All patients may revoke this consent, in writing, at any time. However, any use or disclosure that occurred prior to the date they revoke this consent is not affected. Your physician understands the importance of patient confidentiality and is committed to the protection of your personal health information.
- All personal identification information is protected and stored on a secure server.
- All information given via the physician consult form or in a conversation with any of our employees is held in complete confidence. Our employees adhere to the strict standards for patient confidentiality set by the American Medical Association.
- We do not share any of your personal information with any of our affiliate or associate sites.
- We will not release any personally identifying information to anyone unless mandated by federal or state laws.