D.I.S.H. Support Group
All our beloved surrogates are invited to participate to the
“Support Group Program”.
Your presence is highly recommended. Why? Because we D.I.S.H.!
Develop a community
Support and encourage self-esteem
Help to express emotions
Why a Support Group?
The group will provide an immediate and rich personal experience in terms of personal development in a group setting.
The main force of the group is support each other’s: the various members with their contribution, their interactions and their reactions, guided, supported, highlighted and modeled by the host constitute the core of the care experience.
It is a safe place in where sharing all the emotions, thoughts or experiences regarding your journey.
Principal aims of the Support Group
- Promotes the knowledge of the surrogacy journey.
- Offers meeting spaces to encourage group aggregation and exchange among surrogates
- Appreciate differences in each journey
- Manage information, promotion, training and updating activities and support for group activation
- Help participants express their feelings, emotions and thoughts.
- Develop the ability to reflect on their surrogacy experience
- Increase individual skills in dealing with problems and glimpse the resources present in everyone.
- Stimulate self-esteem by working on greater personal awareness.
- Offer help to others who are experiencing similar experiences to their own.
- Facilitate new significant relationships.
- Raise awareness of mutuality and solidarity as an antidote to isolation regarding the experience of surrogacy.
PSYCHOLOGICAL SAFETY: D.I.S.H members feel safe to share their emotions.
STRUCTURE & CLARITY: D.I.S.H members have clear roles, plans and goals.
MEANING: D.I.S.H Program goals are important to all the Western Fertility Institute surrogates.
IMPACT: D.I.S.H members think this program matters and creates change.
D.I.S.H. GROUP RULES
- Be respectful:
- Begin and end meetings on time.
- All mobile phones have to be on silent mode.
- Be respectful of the person talking.