D.I.S.H. Support Group
New D.I.S.H. Support Group meeting Sunday March 17th, from 2pm to 4pm. Location details below.
All our beloved surrogates are invited to participate to the
“Support Group Program”.
Your presence is highly recommended. Why? Because we D.I.S.H.!
Develop a community
Support and encourage self-esteem
Help to express emotions
Why a Support Group?
The group will provide an immediate and rich personal experience in terms of personal development in a group setting.
The main force of the group is support each other’s: the various members with their contribution, their interactions and their reactions, guided, supported, highlighted and modeled by the host constitute the core of the care experience.
It is a safe place in where sharing all the emotions, thoughts or experiences regarding your journey.
Principal aims of the Support Group
- Promotes the knowledge of the surrogacy journey.
- Offers meeting spaces to encourage group aggregation and exchange among surrogates
- Appreciate differences in each journey
- Manage information, promotion, training and updating activities and support for group activation
- Help participants express their feelings, emotions and thoughts.
- Develop the ability to reflect on their surrogacy experience
- Increase individual skills in dealing with problems and glimpse the resources present in everyone.
- Stimulate self-esteem by working on greater personal awareness.
- Offer help to others who are experiencing similar experiences to their own.
- Facilitate new significant relationships.
- Raise awareness of mutuality and solidarity as an antidote to isolation regarding the experience of surrogacy.
PSYCHOLOGICAL SAFETY: D.I.S.H members feel safe to share their emotions.
STRUCTURE & CLARITY: D.I.S.H members have clear roles, plans and goals.
MEANING: D.I.S.H Program goals are important to all the Western Fertility Institute surrogates.
IMPACT: D.I.S.H members think this program matters and creates change.
D.I.S.H. GROUP RULES
- Be respectful:
- Begin and end meetings on time.
- All mobile phones have to be on silent mode.
- Be respectful of the person talking.